Christensen Financial is dedicated to helping our military veterans find the best home financing options available. Designed to help active duty military and veterans qualify for home ownership, VA Home Loans are guaranteed by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs and feature easy home financing options. Because VA loans are government insured, they offer veterans and military personnel lower interest rates and better terms than conventional mortgages.
Current VA mortgage holders may refinance with the VA Interest Rate Reduction Refinance Loan (IRRRL) to lower their interest rate. Christensen Financial’s licensed mortgage specialists will discuss all of your home financing options and work to qualify you for the best home loan option.
- Buy Your Home with a VA Home Loan
- Basic Allowance for Housing
- Requirements for VA Home Loans
- Steps to Obtaining a VA Home Loan
- VA Streamline Refinancing Interest Rate Reduction Refinance Loan
- Refinance to A Fixed Rate VA Home Loan
Buy Your Home with a VA Home Loan
Our servicemen and women make many sacrifices for our country; the joys and benefits of home ownership should not be one of them. With a government insured VA mortgage, veterans and military personnel may secure a home purchase loan with no down payment and no monthly mortgage insurance premiums. VA Home Loans are popular as first-time mortgages and for buyers with less-than-perfect credit.
Benefits of a VA Home Loan include:
- No down payment required
- Negotiable interest rates
- Adjustable & fixed rate mortgage options
- No monthly mortgage insurance premiums
- No prepayment penalty
- VA assistance to borrowers due to financial difficulty
- Ability to finance the VA funding fee
- Reduced funding fees with a down payment of at least 5% and exemption for veterans receiving VA compensation
Basic Allowance for Housing
The BAH is a military entitlement given to active duty personnel to provide housing for themselves and their families. If you are assigned to permanent duty within the 50 United States and not living in government housing, you can qualify for this important benefit.
While most often used for rental expenses, you can use your BAH to pay a mortgage, giving you the ability to save for the future while building equity in your home. In addition, BAH benefits put you at an income level needed to qualify for and support a VA Home Loan. Finance a new home with no down payment and use your BAH to pay your mortgage!
The BAH is determined by your pay grade, location, and whether you have dependents. Contact Christensen Financial today to learn about all the ways you can make your BAH work for you.
Requirements for VA Home Loans
All veterans, active duty personnel, Reservists/National Guard members, and un-remarried surviving spouses are eligible for a VA Home Loan, but must qualify. To receive financing, you must have a Certificate of Eligibility – a document issued by the Veterans Administration that verifies your eligibility to receive VA benefits. As a VA Approved Lender, we can submit an online request through the Department of Veteran Affairs and receive your Certificate of Eligibility in seconds, making your life easier.
Steps to Obtaining a VA Home Loan
- Apply for a Certificate of Eligibility. Our licensed mortgage specialists will help you gather the necessary forms.
- Work with a Christensen Financial mortgage specialist to ensure you qualify for the best home loan available.
- Allow us to refer you to a Real Estate agent in our preferred network to find and negotiate a purchase agreement for your new home.
- We’ll take care of the home appraisal process for you, ordering a property appraisal from a VA assigned appraiser.
- Christensen Financial is VA authorized to approve and close your loan without waiting for the VA’s review of the credit application.
- Loan closing. You are now a homeowner!
VA Streamline Refinancing Interest Rate Reduction Refinance Loan
The VA Interest Rate Reduction Refinance Loan (IRRRL), often referred to as the VA Streamline, is part of a federally insured loan program to help veterans and active duty military refinance their existing VA loan into a lower-interest-rate loan. The underwriting process for the VA Streamline is simplified for military veterans, so you may get a lower monthly mortgage payment without the pain of submitting bank statements, W2s, paychecks and other documents.
VA Streamline refinancing offers competitive home financing interest rates not available to the general public. Unless you are switching from an Adjustable Rate Mortgage to a Fixed Rate Mortgage, the VA Streamline must result in a lower interest rate than the one you currently hold. With a VA Streamline, you may refinance your home with no out of pocket expenses. You can also roll closing costs into the VA loan, making the refinance process even easier.
Refinance to A Fixed Rate VA Home Loan
If you purchased your home with an Adjustable Rate VA Home Loan, and would like to enjoy the security and consistency of a fixed rate mortgage, Christensen Financial can assist you to refinance for a better rate. We have several Fixed-Rate VA Home Loan packages to choose from and can help you decide which option is best for your needs.
If you have questions about applying for a VA Home Loan, using your BAH benefits, or refinancing with the VA IRRRL Streamline loan program, contact Christensen Financial today.